The Lapham and Parks building, located in Downtown Glens Falls in Upstate New York, sits on the first block of Ridge Street, extending out from Centennial Circle, in the heart of Downtown’s retail, dining, and entertainment businesses.
Glens Falls is located about an hour north of Albany, 20 minutes north of Saratoga Springs, and fifteen minutes south of Lake George.
Built in 1904, the building served as a retail outlet for the sale of feeds and fruits. The second floor housed corporate office space for the business partners who also operated their mill on Maple Street. For many years it was owned by Frank and Carol Schaeffer, who owned Goldstar Catering.
The building still has its original tin ceilings, eight-foot windows on three sides, original hardwood flooring, and the traditional oversized moldings and woodwork circa 1900 construction.
It was purchased in 2018 and is now a mixed-use building housing restaurants, retail, artist and office space.